How it began
In 1866, a Methodist by the name of Pierce came to Croxley Green and, finding no Methodist chapel, established a Methodist Society in his own house. Within 18 months, on 16th February 1868, the first Methodist chapel was opened in New Road on a plot of land costing £25.
By 1892 the increased population of Croxley Green meant that a new chapel and schoolroom were needed. The schoolroom was completed in November 1892, and was then used for worship whilst the new chapel was built. Events moved on apace, as the new chapel was ready and opened on 30th April 1893. The whole project cost £1,087!
Further developments included the installation of a pipe organ in 1947 to replace the harmonium, and the construction of the new hall at the rear of the premises in the late 1960s.
In recent years the kitchen and toilets have been modernised, and in 2008 the interior of the church itself was refurbished.
The Premises Today
Our premises now consist of the main Church, a large hall with a modern kitchen, toilet facilities and a disabled toilet. There is a smaller meeting room off the main hall, and the smaller, "new hall" to the rear.
Disabled access is provided via a ramp to the rear of the premises.
We are currently unable to offer our halls for hire for parties.
A number of community clubs and groups currently use our premises - please see the Activities page for more information
Back to Home Page